Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Midnight in Paris (TX)

We had a lovely long weekend of traveling and playing music. We headed out to Paris, TX on Saturday to play a concert at Leesville Baptist Church on Sunday night. We had lots of fun with the youth group and all the kind and lovely people we met. We were also quite impressed with the dedication of the people who drove for miles just to get to the concert (and, I'm sure, the free pizza :)) -- so thank you!

Midnight in Paris, TX is a little different from midnight in Paris, France (at least from what I know from that Woody Allen film). This is the TX Eiffel tower, and in front is Lucky Cat, who was our "travel mascot" for a while. Now she just sits at my desk and helps me do my school work.

On Monday morning, all the band was together in Paris, so we got in a practice session for the upcoming Dallas Does the music of Carole King and James Taylor show. While practicing "Natural Woman" with only my brother-in-law's cat for an audience, we witnessed YouTube gold -- and, of course, had no way to record it. Apparently, that song has some frequencies that are really attractive to cats, because when I would hit a high note, the usually stoic cat would meow, rub up against me, and actually jump up on her hind legs and paw at me. This has never happened with this cat -- she normally has eyes only for my brother-in-law. And she was pretty good at singing, too; it sounded something like this: "You make me feel!" -- meow -- "You make me feel!" -- meow -- "You make me feel like a..." --  mraaoaaow!" The best part was when I sang the lines, "You make me feel so alive" and the cat actually ran over to me from across the room in perfect timing with the music. I couldn't have choreographed it better.

We could have been an internet sensation, I tell you! Where's a camera when you need one?

Anyway, I can't promise quite such an entertaining concert this Saturday, but it will still be pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment