Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy Friday: My favorite fashion blogs

As those of you who read this regularly know by now, I'm a huge fan of fashion blogs; they've completely replaced fashion magazines for me and I can't get enough.  A couple of weeks ago, I even tried my hand at fashion blogging to document my back-to-school look. When one of our lovely readers asked for a list of my favorite fashion blogs, I knew a whole post was required, but I didn't know that making a list of favorites would be like trying to pick a favorite cat.

Shhh! Don't tell Desmond that I don't have a favorite. He thinks he's my favorite, and I can't break his furry little feline heart.

Difficult though the task was, I have assembled, in no particular order, my 7 favorite fashion/style/lifestyle blogs. I'd include pictures, but I really think you should click-through to the blogs themselves, because they're worth checking out. (Click on the titles for links.)

This blog, authored by two lovely sisters, Emma and Elsie, is a fashion, style, lifestyle, DIY, arts and crafts, cooking, and personal blog all rolled into one. The photos are always beautiful, the DIYs are Do-it-yourself-able, and the fashion is vintage, quirky, stylish, and workable for real-life.

I've just started reading this one, but it immediately jumped to the top of my favorites list based almost solely on the series on a building a remixable wardrobe. If mixing different things from your closet into new, fashionable, and money-saving combinations does not come naturally to you, this blog series is the answer, with practical tips alongside visual examples. It's great.

While the Christine who authors My Style Pill has a different personal style than the Christine who authors this blog (that would be me), hers was the first fashion blog I ever read, and my gateway drug to all other fashion blogs. I'm still a very loyal reader.

I enjoy the lovely vintage feel of the clothes on this blog, but what I love even more are the outfit photos, which the author takes herself with a tri-pod and a timer.

In addition to her impeccable style, Kendi, who writes the blog, is based in Dallas, as am I. Therefore, if she can wear whatever she's wearing in the current weather, I can too. And I love her witty writing.

I'm cheating here because this blog is no longer active, but I have so many things in common with this grad-student/teacher/blogger that her fashion choices are particularly helpful to me. Since it's only a fashion season later, you can probably still find lots of great looks in her archives.

Shauna Miller began this blog using only clothes from Wal-mart to create her stylish ensembles. Since I relish clearance racks and all-things related to saving money on clothes, I fell in love with this blog, which has, since I first started reading it, expanded its inexpensive clothing combos to include Target (my favorite place) as well as other low-cost retailers. 

I love Keiko's retro-pin-up style and her regular feature, Makeup Mondays, where I first learned how to do perfect cat-eye eyeliner.

There you have it: a small corner of the world of fashion blogging that I am proud to call my favorite.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment