Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy Friday: Fall so Far

Happy Friday! Here are a few snapshots of fall thus far. It really is my favorite season.

Fall means boots weather -- hooray! I also took this photo to document that leather peter pan collar. I wanted to incorporate the leather trend into my wardrobe but on a small, inexpensive scale. So I made this collar using an adaptation of this tutorial with only materials I had on hand. (I found the faux leather on the back of a CD case that I once got as swag from a job fair.)
Speaking of fashion, I can't wait until it's cold enough to wear this sweater. It's almost cold enough. Here in Texas, it doesn't take much of a temperature dip for me to bundle up.

I love catching up on my blog reading with a cup of coffee on our balcony. The weather is perfect for it right now. Desmond loves to join me, too:
Who could resist that face?

This was taken during a women's retreat with my church. I love the color of the guitar (borrowed from a friend) and the cozy surroundings. The weekend was cold and rainy, so this homey lake house was the perfect place to bundle up and have girl time.
During some not-so-successful attempts at outfit photos, we ended up with this shot that reminded me of those "Read" posters you see in libraries. So I couldn't resist being the star of my very own. The book is Breakfast at Tiffany's

Have a great weekend, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment