Friday, December 14, 2012

Happy Hobbit Day -- er -- Friday!

As you can tell from my relative blog silence, this week marked the end of the semester and all its accompanying insanity. Today, I will calculate and enter my final grades and then go celebrate by watching The Hobbit. In college, when the first Lord of the Rings movies came out, I would have been at last night's midnight showing, but neither my body nor my schedule is that forgiving any more, so I'm looking forward to date night tonight in middle earth and my local Studio Movie Grill.

I know this is not a holiday post per se, but since the first movies also came out around finals week/Christmastime, Peter Jackson's vision of Tolkien's world has seemed, ever since then, like the perfect way to celebrate Christmas. And, really, what could be better to celebrate Christmas than a tale of prophecy and promise, good triumphing over evil, and order and peace restored to earth? I mean, middle earth.

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment