Monday, July 30, 2012

Forego a Frappuccino; Support Independent Music

For 5 days only, CD Baby will be giving 100% of proceeds from digital music purchases on their site to the artists, taking no cut for themselves. That's a huge deal that you won't see often. My EP, Girl on a String, is available for free through Noise Trade, but I also sell the EP on CD baby. If you downloaded the free album and enjoyed it, now would be a great time to purchase it, since you will know that your money will literally be doing more to directly support the music (and me, and my husband, and our cats). I don't enjoy asking for money -- I mean, I give my music away for free -- but recording and producing a CD is not free, and if you'd like to see us create more good music, this week is a great time to show your support, knowing that I'll get to keep all the profits. The link for my EP is featured, below. You can download the whole thing for only $5 -- that's the price of a Venti Mocha Coconut Frappuccino at Starbucks.

When you do resume your Starbucks habit, please tip your barista. :)
While you're there, check out my other music, also for sale, and take a few minutes to see what else CD baby has to offer; you may be surprised at all the great independent artists out there. Thanks for all the support!

Christine Hand: Girl On a String

No comments:

Post a Comment