Thursday, March 29, 2012

Studying hard/ly studying

Sorry for my blog silence over the last week. I'm in the midst of taking my doctoral qualifying exams. Here's a little glimpse of what that looks like:

You can see that there's dust on this guitar. A sad commentary on the state of my life at present.



books.

more books.

still more books.
supplies. I probably went through a thousand page flags. I'm not exaggerating. Also, Lucky Cat says "hi."
This week, things got really exciting as I created a giant poetry timeline in dry-erase marker on my mirror. Of course, it looks like I just went crazy, for real this time, but it is, indeed, a huge timeline. And this isn't even the finished version:


Why, yes, that's a crazy cat-lady calendar on the wall. Don't judge.

So, that's my life, right now. Today I have my third written exam, and after that, Adam and I will be dusting off those guitars to prepare for the Tourette Syndrome Scholarship Benefit Show this Saturday night. We'd love to have those of you in the Dallas area join us!

Now, it's time for another marathon paper-writing session. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You are giving me pre-doctoral study anxiety...my classes start on April 30...EEEK! I have already started reading...

    ReplyDelete